First and foremost, I cannot believe we are rounding the corner to the end of March! Where has the time gone?
I want to encourage you to STOP STRESSING the F out and stop living in fear! Take a step back and just breathe! I am NOT saying this is not serious, it IS. What I AM saying is STOP FREAKING OUT! Stop buying ALL of the toilet paper and cleaning products and food! Please, stop panicking!
We are blessed yet cursed to live in an age of social media and real time information. But I challenge you to consider that all of the information you hear on the news is NOT always truth! The media is no longer in the business of reporting news, they are in the business of ratings and MAKING MONEY. Have you forgotten that? I want you to think about that for a moment. The media is in business to make money and spread fear. Have they gotten to you?
Yes, these are uncertain times. Yes, it IS scary. This is all real! Want to know what else is real? Take a look at Forbe’s breakdown of COVID-19 compared to other plagues in our history. Let this REALLY sink in. Be smart. Be safe. But don’t panic. This is NOT the end of the world!
Take this time and focus on your life and your future. If you are blessed to work from home, that is awesome! Yes, it is rough at first (I have been doing it for 6 years I can give you tips) but it gets better! Keep on providing value and helping others!
If you are unable to work from home, I know this is tarrying! From my own experience I encourage you not to panic. Yes, I know how that sounds when you see your bills and your lack of income, but I ask you to trust me and have faith and tap into your higher belief.
Get creative with your time at home! Now is NOT the time to sit on the couch and watch TV! Now is the time to create your future and design your life. Here are a few of my ideas!
- Create a fun family quarantine routine
- Play games
- Camp out
- Make chores fun
- Create memories
- Read personal development books (as of this post Amazon is still delivering and if you buy used books you get a bargain)
- Listen to personal development books
- Schedule a zoom happy hour with your friends
- I am always down for a virtual happy hour or coffee!
- Think about business opportunities, even if you have a ZERO desire to be an entrepreneur. Remember years ago I didn’t want to be one either! Look at me now!
- More millionaires are created in a recession
- Spend time in your faith
- If you are blessed to work from home, donate your gas money to your local charities in need to support children, women, single moms, homeless, etc
- If you need inspiration I can give you some!
- Be creative in all areas of your life
- Really sit and think and set goals for the future you truly want (remember it is a future for you, your parents (if God willing they are still alive) and your legacy
- Support local restaurants and businesses as much as you can
- Learn how to meditate (even if “meditation isn’t for you)
- Get creative and crafty!
- Perhaps make holiday gifts?
- Explore cooking and different recipes
- Make your home a home you love!
- Call family and friends
- Do that puzzle
- Deep clean – ok I know this one sucks but it is still something to do
- Start a gratitude journal
- If you are struggling financially, offer up items you can for donation
- Remember we rise by lifting others
- Educate yourself on different areas
- Hone in on a hobby you like
The possibility is endless! Keep on keeping on and DO NOT give into fear! We’ve got this my friends. This too shall pass. I love each and every one of you! PLEASE feel free to comment your positive ideas on how to pass the time!